Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Zero Points Plus Snack

I have been super hungry lately after eating dinner and I have been looking for snacks with low points values that are sweet and satisfying. Something that I can eat a good amount and not feel deprived. I know, I know, I am asking way too much of a snack. However I realize that as I loose more and more weight my daily Points Plus allotment will also dwindle. I started at 45 Points Plus daily and my current allotment is a measly 40 Points Plus. HA! 40 points is still alot of food and sometimes I have a hard time reaching my daily Points Plus target.

My current go to snacks are light babybel cheese, fruits, vegetables, Skinny Pop, and Yoplait Light yogurt. I also like to cut up fruits and berries and stir in Yoplait Light. It is yummy, but sometimes I just do not have the 2 Points Plus available at the end of the night. While shopping today I came across this Fat Free Cool Whip in the frozen section. A lightbulb went off and I pulled out my phone so I could use my Weight Watchers Etools. I scanned the barcode and it came back with 0 points for a 2 tablespoon serving! 0 Points Plus!!! This could work! I put it in my cart and finished my shopping. After arriving home the groceries were put away, dinner was made, and the kitchen tided up.

A couple hours later I could feel myself getting snacky. There's that word again. I walked into my kitchen and pulled out the berries and fruits I had in the house. Three Strawberries, a handful of blueberries, six large green grapes, one banana, and a handful of raspberries. I chopped up everything except the blueberries and raspberries. Put everything in a bowl and stirred it up. I grabbed the Fat Free Cool Whip and my measuring spoon and added 2 tablespoons to the fruit. Stirred everything altogether and put it in these cute little glasses. That was it looks like I am getting more than it would if i just served it from a bowl. This made enough to fill 2 of these glasses. My boyfriend inhaled his and I did as well after taking this picture. I am now realizing that the picture does not look even close to as good as it tasted. It was amazing! I will definitely make this more often in the future (maybe even everyday!) and best of all it is ZERO Points Plus!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment