Monday, June 18, 2012

New Year = Recommitment

This is cross posted from my weight watchers blog...
Last year was a rough year for me. I made the decision to join weight watchers in June of last year. My father and I joined together and at first things were going great. When I joined back then I made the decision to focus solely on my eating habits first rather then jumping in and doing the entire plan right off the bat. It made sense to me because I have a knee injury from when I played rugby in high school and I did not want to aggravate it.

Things were going well and I hit my 20 lbs loss right before labor day. I was totally excited. Then life happened. The week after Labor Day I lost my job. I was in a funk. I kept going to my meetings, but it was a sporadic affair instead of the every week thing I looked forward to. It got to the point that I was paying for my monthly pass but basically throwing money down the toilet. I wasn't doing anything with it. It got to the point that I threw the plan to the wayside and let my pity party totally undo the weight I had already lost. I even stopped going to the meetings because I knew that I had gained weight but was to afraid to face it.

Around Christmas time, my boyfriend, who has always supported me no mater what, lost his job as well. That is when we started talking about our budget and what needed to be cut out. He said that maybe I needed to drop Weight Watchers because I was basically throwing money down the toilet. That is when it hit me. When I decided that I was sabotaging my weight loss and only I can take control of my decision to get healthier. That is when my amazing boyfriend told me that we could keep paying for weight watchers if I started following the plan and going to meetings again. That changed everything for me...

I believe that was my personal rock bottom. I re-committed to the plan and added a workout video I owned 3 times a week and tracking.... Needles to say, It worked. At my second meeting of the New Year I was down 3.4lbs. Then this week something else happened. I worked out because I wanted to and not because it was something I needed to do. That was after I had already worked out 3 times that week. That was a first for me like ever!!!! It was amazing and so far this week I have already worked out twice and it is only Monday! My meetings on Thursday and I am so excited that I have finally; fully committed to become a healthier version of my former self. This was the jumpstart I needed. Bring it on 2012 I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment