Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday After Christmas Weigh In

I am so incredibly proud of myself. I went grocery shopping when I got to my Dad's house (since I am staying there through the holidays) and got some things to help me achieve my food goals. I did not make it to the gym this week, but my Dad have some gym equipment I used and I took my dog for walks. I think I did well this past week, even though Christmas got the best of me. But I am not hung up on my missteps now as I would have been before. I would have gave up and decided that this was too hard. Christmas is only one day and if I wanted a piece of chocolate then I was going to indulge. The next day I got back on the horse and started over. I weighed myself today in the middle of the day after breakfast no less and the scale still showed a loss. I weighed in at 287.3 which is a 1.9 pound loss since last Sunday at Fitness Ridge. Nutrition really does have a huge impact on weight loss. I am still focusing on my food choices. Limiting the table sugar, and white flour and not eating  simple carbohydrates or fruit after lunch time. It has been a struggle because my Dad's wife makes incredible food and I really have to watch my portion sizes. I just add extra vegetables at dinner if i need to or am feeling especially hungry. I have not consumed anything besides water, herbal tea, almond milk and eggnog (it is Christmas after all) to drink since I have been back. I have noticed my energy level skyrocket and I have been going to bed at a decent time and waking up earlier. I have been feeling amazing. I plan to take this week to keep focusing on my food since Spring Semester starts on January 13 and I need to be ready for that. Next week I will be adding in gym time while my son is at school and I plan to got 3-5 days a week. If I miss a day I will not beat myself up about it. I will just restart the next day. Life happens but I still got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment