Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

This year is going to be different. I am different! I will be a healthier me. I got this! I thought I would start this New Year off right with my new favorite breakfast. My Healthy Scramble with half a banana, toast, water, and plenty of hot sauce. I found a new love for all things hot sauce after staying at Fitness Ridge. This has become my go to breakfast. It would also be good with a slice of turkey bacon, onions, and red peppers. The bread is Jack Spratt's Sprouted Wheat Bread that is made right here in Utah and it is delicious! One teaspoon of butter is spread on the toast.



Mushroom Spinach Scramble Recipe

1/2- 3/4 cup Spinach
3-4 raw washed Mushrooms
1 large Egg
3 tablespoons 100% Egg White
1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
1 tablespoon Feta Cheese

Put oil in small pan over medium heat. Chop the Spinach and Mushrooms to the size you like. Add to the pan and cook until the Spinach is wilted and the Mushrooms are cooked. Beat the egg and add the egg whites to a dish. Beat with a fork until blended. Add egg mixture to the pan and once the eggs are almost cooked add the feta and continue cooking until done. Top with hot sauce of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment