Thursday, January 2, 2014

Donuts and Chocolate

Why must you torture me so? I was doing so good and I ate really well today. Family left some donuts from Dunkin Donuts here with the notion that they were a free for all. I did really good until this afternoon. That box of donuts was shouting, "EAT ME!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!! EAT ME NOW!!!" I tried super hard to ignore it but every time I entered the kitchen there was the box screaming at me. Finally I decided to have one. I mean, just a plain glazed donut was no big deal. Right? Well apparently it is a huge deal when you haven't been eating sugar or white flour like that in a long time.

It made me feel gross and lethargic. Those were feelings that I haven't really felt in a long time. Not to mention that I was already feeling under the weather from some extremely fun outdoor activities yesterday with my boyfriend. Go Karting. They even let my group go like 3 times as long because it was super cold out and there was no line. In the end my fingers were so cold they hurt. I honestly thought they would never warm up. A friendly game of Lazar tag later and they felt warm. Then we talked outside for like an hour, big mistake. My boyfriend is even sick today, and he is not one that usually gets sick very easy.

Anyways... back to my original point... I have learned the value in eating the right things to fuel my body and after today I am not sure how I even survived on the food I was eating before. I suppose because I did not know any other way. I tried to make up for my downfalls in eating the donut with a big salad for dinner. I was still craving sugar though and the leftover Christmas candy was there. I ate 9 Hershey's Kisses. I know its only nine, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think I would have eaten them, or that quantity, if I had not caved to the afternoon donut. Oh well, rant over. Tomorrow is a new day and better choices will be made. It's a good thing my family finished off the box of donuts this evening. They wont be calling my name tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment