Monday, January 12, 2015

New Semester, New Me

Welcome to 2015! Today is the first day of Spring semester at Weber State! Today is also the day I am making the effort. I am taking my lunch. My amazing boyfriend helped me find things that would be healthy and travel well in a lunch bag with an ice pack. Also I stepped on the scale this morning just to see where I was. I was flabbergasted! I mean, I figured that I had gained some weight but I saw a number on the scale I NEVER want to see again. 300.2!! I wanted to cry! It sparked something in me! I HAVE to do something! I HAVE to make the changes i need to for my health and my life! I got this! 

Here is the plan. Since I don't have the time for breakfast and I want to watch my calories I picked up a 24 pack of Costco branded 'slimfast' and that will be my breakfast. I will have a fruit with it or on the train on the way to school as a morning snack accompanied with a pack of Belvita breakfast biscuits. Which the shake is 180 calories and belvita has 230 calories. 

I am planing on keeping my breakfast and morning snack to 400-500 calories. I will also be taking my lunch to school and I plan on keeping my lunches to about 400 calories. An afternoon snack at 100 calories. That leaves dinner, which I plan on keeping under 500 calories and maybe an evening snack at 100 calories or less. That would be a total of approximately 1600 calories a day. I spend at least 1 hour walking with my sort of heavy backpack. I also plan to get to the gym 1 weekend day and 1-2 weekdays to start and adding more as I go. 

My main focus though is the food and making changes for what I serve for dinner for the whole family. Which my boyfriend is totally on board with healthy eating. In fact, he encourages me to make healthy choices. Its my son that I am sure I will get some lashing out from when it comes to dinner and snack time. Here is to hoping the week goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment