Monday, June 18, 2012

March = No More Complacency

Also from my ww blog...

Thursday, March 01, 2012 So I haven't made it to gym much lately, partly because there has been sickness in my house the last couple of weeks, partly because my boyfriend has been working longer hours, and partly because I'm losing motivation. Motivation to change happens to be a 3 week-er for me. I mean I start something and mean well and for 3 weeks everything goes great. The excitement and commitment is there and I can't get enough; whether that means tracking, working out, or eating healthier. Then the dreaded week 4 happens and I start to get complacent with my situation and "tired" of trying so hard.

The main problem with starting to step off the band wagon is that its the beginning of a downward spiral. I mean, it took me a few years to get to where I am now; what's so hard about recognizing that it wont be an overnight fix, as much as I would like it to. In September of last year I made it to 20 lbs lost, then the complacency set in...big time. The next thing I new Christmas hit and I was almost back to my starting weight, so I recommitted to change once again for good. The only difference was this time I am focusing more on the underlying issues that have contributed to my failures to change for life in the past. It has been slow going; but slow and steady wins the race. Right? They say that you can not truly change until you recognize that you have a problem/issue and you resolve to do something about it. Here I am. I have a problem and its name is complacency. Now I can kick my problem in the butt and and take the necessary steps to overcome this issue. I'm moving up to bigger and better things, or I guess smaller and better things as far as my weight is concerned. Here's to a healthier life! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment