Thursday, December 19, 2013

Over the Hump Day Hikes, Thursday at BLR Fitness Ridge

This morning my hike group was going to conquer not one, but two smaller hikes today. Joy... I was feeling especially like crap and now I had two hikes to endure? yay... not! :) At least I was not feeling like I had been run over by a convoy of semi-trucks today. I officially made it past hump day, to live another day. The first hike up was to the beautiful Johnson's Arch.
Johnson's Arc


The hike was flat and sandy, until we reached the lava. That was slippery, pointy, and everything you would expect from walking up and down where molten lava engulfed the landscape. It was treacherous, especially since I was still sore, worn down, and not feeling 100%. We hiked up and down, climbed over rocks, navigated previously fallen boulders from the mountains above. Suddenly there we were, looking up at this amazing arch. That was easy. I was ready for more. Still ever so sore, but I had gained this sense of being able to accomplish anything, if i put in some effort. I felt like I was starting to find myself again. It was an awesome feeling.



















I was glad to have the support of my hiking group. My new found friend Mrs. Purple really helped me get through this hike. There was an area that was quite high up and I am very much afraid of heights. Almost as much as I am afraid of spiders. Although my son is also afraid of spiders and I have been known to be brave enough to kill spiders for him. Now if he is wearing shoes he will sometimes take care of the spiders himself, sometimes. Anyways, back to the subject. I was feeling especially low, sore, and tired on this hike and Mrs. Purple's bright and shiny attitude really helped lift my spirits. We completed this hike together, with our group and the felling of support was overwhelming. These people that have only known me for a short time, really care about me, and want me to succeed. They pushed me when I had no push left in me. It was amazing! Mrs. Purple, you know who you are, thank you for your love and support. I wouldn't have been able to get though this hike today without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment