Wednesday, April 9, 2014

30 Day Shred: Day 3! And an Epiphany!

I did it! I completed day 3 before dinner. I found out the hard way that I can not work out late at night. It was hard to get to sleep because of all the endorphins in my body after Jillian Michaels kicked my butt yet again and I still can't get enough.

Today my body was so sore, especially my thighs. I really did not want to take the stairs on campus at all. I did, except to my communication class on the fourth floor, but I did take the stairs down from the fourth floor. There is something about walking down the stairs that feels nice when my thighs are sore.

After school I had a club meeting. On the way home I stopped to pick up some things for tomorrow night's salad dinner. You can't have salad without lettuce! When I got home from the store I put the groceries away and sat down on the couch. It was maybe 10 minutes and I started thinking that I might as well get my workout in for the day now. If I get it done sooner there is less of a chance that I will be able to "excuse" my way out of a workout. It is was too easy to come up with excuses not to do something than it is to do something. That has always been my problem. Procrastination and excuses.

I was sitting here writing this blog post and my boyfriend made the comment that I make the time to workout and to blog about it so why can I not make the time to clean up the house. He is totally right. I hate cleaning the house so it gets put on the back burner. What does that accomplish? Nothing more than pissing me off because yea I put the dishes off, but then I have to spend more time because there is build up. The same analogy can be given for working out and a healthy lifestyle. If you keep putting it off it just leaves you with so much work that you can become overwhelmed with all the work that lies ahead of you. With that, I am adding an element to my 30 Day Shred journey. I will track everything I eat and drink, regardless of what it is. I will workout, except for my planned rest days. I will make sure the house is clean before I go to bed at night and I will be taking this journey 10 days at a time. I got this! I can and will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment