Thursday, April 3, 2014

Breakfast Regrets Turned Around By Dinner

This morning I opened the fridge to make breakfast and the first thing I see is leftover Papa Johns. Score! I heat up the last two pieces of the large All Meats pizza and think nothing of it. That is until I went to track it on MyFitnessPal. 740 calories!!! Really?!?!?! In two pieces of pizza. I was floored! Instantly regret set in, then I started freaking out about the fact that I just ate HALF of my daily calories in the first meal of the day. I felt like I had to go crazy and watch every single calorie. It was totally overwhelming and this is something that would have thrown me into a downward spiral of regret which would have ended with me throwing everything out the window and just giving up. Not anymore. The more I thought about it the more I realized that there was still silver lining in every dark cloud.

Silver Linings I Found:

  • It was the last two pieces of pizza. I can't eat it if I don't have it.
  • One misstep is no reason to give up.
  • Tomorrow is a new day!
These silver linings that I was able to find shows the growth I have experienced with the mental aspects of changing my lifestyle. I really have Fitness Ridge to thanks for that. The week I spent there was amazing and I learned so much about myself as well as ways to combat my negative self talk. This is totally a non scale victory for me. Not only did I get back on track, but it was accomplished in the same day. That is a total win! I made very healthy choices for dinner. I made sauteed mushrooms with grapeseed oil, and steamed asparagus with 1 tsp of butter. The main course was a baked, panko crusted, stuffed pork chops. The pork chop was so tasty although it was slightly unhealthy that's no big deal. The whole dinner was under 300 calories so it was still a win. I was able to get over my bad food choice from breakfast and had a renewed sense of accomplishment by dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment