Friday, April 4, 2014

Chocolate PB&J Protien Shake

This is similar to what it looked like.
The protein shake I whipped up this morning was fantastic. It was a different take on my normal protein shake, but I realized after I started blending my shake that there were no more bananas left in my house. Panic set in and I imagined drinking a chalky mess and that just was not going to fly. I scanned the fridge and came across grapes. A light bulb went off and I thought "I eat grape jelly with peanut butter so it could work." It tasted fantastic.

The picture is similar to the one I whipped up, just imagine small pieces of red grape peel in it as well.  Really I did not take a picture of it because I was in a hurry and wasn't sure if it would really taste that great. I know it sounds super gross and at first the thought of having to chew the peels was unsettling. Fortunately the shake was thick enough you don't even notice the pieces of peel. Without further ado, here is the recipe as promised.


Chocolate PB&J Protein Shake
Makes 1 Serving. Approximately 250 calories

  • 1 Scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
  • 1 Cup of Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk Original
  • 26 Red Grapes
  • Approximately 5 Ice Cubes (more or less depending on desired thickness)
Throw ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment