Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Weekend in Las Vegas

Me and my boyfriend in Las Vegas 5/24/15
I had a great Memorial Day Weekend. I spent it in Las Vegas with the family for my Mom's wedding. It is so hard to be good and stick to plan when in Las Vegas and especially when there is amazing food all set out for the wedding. Oh and the specialty cocktails. I sure so love a good drink and I am not ashamed to admit that I usually use all my weekly points on Friday and Saturday night when enjoying libations. This has not stunted my weight loss in anyway because I track every single drink. I also drink water at the end of the night, sometimes begrudgingly, but it mostly works out that way. This is what I love about weight watchers, I can eat and drink anything I want so I don't deprive myself and end up binging later on. I can have my drinks and my cake as long as I track it! 

The vacation started off with a 6.5 hour drive to Las Vegas. Snacks, drinks, and lunch was portioned and packed the night before we left. I stayed on plan and tracked everything. So far, so good. Saturday morning there was continental breakfast at the hotel and they had plan friendly options. Lunch was a rush in between finishing the table centerpieces and getting the house prepped for the reception. One beef hot dog w/bun and fruit. Not the healthiest choice, but the easiest and fastest. Lunch was tracked, still on a roll.

Then came the reception, with platters of food, veggies, stuffed mushrooms (my fave), fruit, and plenty of drinks. I stuck to ice water with sparking cider for the toast. I decided that I could enjoy myself without tracking or worrying about my daily points. Here was my strategy:
  • Use the small salad plates only.
  • Eat one plate of fruits and veggies
  • Have the chicken salad sandwiches without the roll and over lettuce with 2 spoonfuls of dressing.
  • Add sugar free flavorings to my ice water
  • Eat a bite or two of cake off my son's plate. (it was WAY to rich not to share)
My strategy worked. I did not feel deprived or like I was taking time from the reception in order to track all of my food. Although, I did have some anxiety as a result of not tracking since tracking has become a part of my daily routine.

On Sunday morning I made scrambled eggs with vegetables from the leftover veggie trays. Then we took the kids out on the strip and we walked around for a good couple of hours. After sightseeing we went back to my moms' house for a barbecue. I had a hamburger and a hot dog, both with buns, and it was okay because we didn't really eat while on the strip except for sharing a soft pretzel from NY NY. After the barbecue I got the kids ready for bed and sent them into watch a movie. My moms watched the kids while my boyfriend, my little sister, and I could spend some time together without worrying about the kids. We walked around quite a bit looking for a good slot machine that screamed, "Play Me!" which sometimes took awhile.

On Monday morning we again made veggie eggs and then got the car packed and got on the road for the drive home. At this point I was just hungry and wanted junk. I caved since we were on the road and I just assumed that I would have a gain come the weeks end. I figured that it would be okay and I would just get back on track when I got home. All in all it was a great weekend and I don't feel bad about how I ate. I enjoyed life and that it okay to do sometimes. Now that I am home time to get back to tracking, Whatever the scale says on Thursday is fine. I will own it and keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment