Thursday, May 14, 2015

Weigh-In Thursday: Week 8

I changed my meeting again. This time I think I found a group that I really enjoy. Although that Leader at the Friday meeting was my favorite so far I just felt out of place. The group on Friday was older women and the energy was just way low. I also ran into an issue with scheduling since I am out of school for the summer I no longer pay for my son to go to daycare. That means I have to pick him up from school 10 minutes after the Friday meeting starts and that just would not work.

The first time I attended Weight Watchers back in 2011 I attended the Thursday night meetings and really enjoyed them so I thought I would give that meeting a try. I couldn't have been happier. There were people closer to my age and the energy was amazing. This is definitely the meeting for me. I am excited to go next week and feel like I am truly a part of a great dynamic of people that are going through the same things I am.

This week the meeting topic was spring cleaning your fridge. This is something that I did a few weeks ago out of necessity. The power went out in a storm and that fried the compressor in the refrigerator in my apartment. They replaced my fridge which was great however, they replaced it with a much smaller unit. I had to maneuver and organize everything so that it would fit. When I did this I got containers so that the fruits and veggies are in the open and easily visible. This would encourage me to reach for things that are healthier rather than the junk and it really helps. If you want to eat healthier I would encourage you to do the same. Put the good stuff front and center and you will notice yourself gravitating to them more. At least that's how it happened for me.

How did I do this week. Well, it was a hard one. I gained one pound and it was really hard to see. I wanted to cry. I attributed this gain to a change in meeting day and time, but that is not the whole story. Yes, I went from a Friday noon meeting to a Thursday night meeting and this could contribute to the gain. I talked to my leader after the meeting and we looked over my tracker. I have not been eating enough. I know, I know, you can only lose weight if you starve yourself. That is a myth. You have to eat enough for your body to sustain itself. I figured if I had such a bog loss last week and had a few points left so if I had more points leftover at the end of the day I would lose more. It just doesn't work like that. This next week I will focus on eating all of my daily points and hopefully I can reach my mini goal of 20 pounds gone.

Lets not forget:
Starting Weight: 306.4
Current Weight: 288.2
Current Week: +1
Total Loss: 18.2

No comments:

Post a Comment