Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Reflections from My Last Weigh In

After my weigh in last week I have been contemplating the current status of things. Trying to figure out where I went wrong or what I could do to improve this week. After Week 27 Issues happened I seriously considered giving up. I mean, I followed plan to a tee and added in more activity. How could I have failed?

I got home from my meeting on Thursday and just cried. Actually I was bawling uncontrollably. I had failed miserably. I know, I shouldn't let one week ruin all the progress I have made. I mean I have lost 42 pounds so far so I much have been doing something right. I was just crushed. I lost ZERO pounds. I mean, I didn't lose any weight, but I also did not gain any weight either. That has to count for something.

Here is where I turned this 'failure' into a victory. A non-scale victories:
  1. I stayed for the whole meeting, even though I seriously wanted to walk out.
  2. I didn't turn to food when I got home in order to heal my emotional wounds.
  3. I kept tracking, even though the voice in my head was telling me not to care.
  4. I looked back at the week's progress reports to see where I could improve.
  5. I DID NOT GIVE UP!
Looking over the progress reports online (which are available to etools subscribers) is where I think I was able to pinpoint where I went wrong this week. I looked at both the week on its own and the month as a whole. I realized that in my effort to "follow plan" last week I did too good of a job. Everyday last week I had points left over for the day and not just like 3 or less.

The points leftover ranged from 8-17 points. That is ALOT of points to leave and not eat. Especially when Weight Watchers gives you a certain number of points to eat everyday for a reason. I concluded that although I was exercising I was not eating enough to really fuel my body. Especially since I was exercising almost daily. I also found and interesting trend that showed the weeks that I did not use my weekly points were shown to be either a small gain, or staying the same. I guess I just need to accept the fact that I am smack dab in the middle of a plateau and that eventually I will get through it as long as I don't give up. I mean look at how far I have come since I joined Weight Watchers.

This week I plan to make sure all my points will be used each day. I also plan to start back working out starting tomorrow at 5 AM. I can get through this. I WILL get through this. I will not let one setback ruin all the progress I have made. This is a process and I am learning so much about myself on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment