Thursday, December 17, 2015

Weigh-In Thursday: Week 39

I know last week I mentioned that Weight Watchers was making HUGE changes to their system. They launched Beyond the Scale and I have just finished my first week on the new plan. I was apprehensive about the changes because Weight Watchers revamped their system and I was doing well with Points Plus. However, changes happen for a reason. I used this week to restart and treated it like my first week on the plan. This was I could throw out any preconceived notions I had.

Here are my takeaways from my first week of Beyond the Scale:

1. Lean protein has a lower Smart Points value. This week I was able to eat more meat with my meals and this caused me to snack less.

2. Sugar causes the Smart Points value to increase. This means that my 'go to' snacks, including mini candy bars, have an exponentially larger Smart Points value and while this saddened me it also forced me to make better choices when it came to raiding the candy bowl.

3. I miss swapping my activity points for a good lager. You can still activate a swap with fit points but it is not recommended. It has allowed me to challenge myself to get more fit points especially since they rack up faster than activity points did.

4. The decrease in weekly points allowance. It was only a 5 point difference for me, but that is the points of a good beer. On the plus side the Smart Points value of light beer decreased from 4 Points Plus to 3 Smart Points values. Also liquor decreased by a point as well. Yes! 

5. The new emphasis on taking time out for yourself has proven invaluable. It really does a world of difference.

After my weigh in today I can say that I LOVE BEYOND THE SCALE! I dropped 4 pounds this week and have officially passed the 50 pounds lost mark!!! My next mini goal is to reach 249 pounds. I would love to reach this by the end of January. I also am 25 pounds away in order to meet my goal of losing 75 pounds in a year on Weight Watchers.


Have you been thinking of joining Weight Watchers and losing with me? Now is the perfect time to Join Weight Watchers with Me. This link will give you a free gift of the Weight Watchers Magazine if you subscribe by 12/31/2015.

Lets not forget:
Starting Weight: 306.4
Current Weight: 254.8
Current Week: -4
Total Loss: 51.6

No comments:

Post a Comment