Sunday, January 10, 2016

Recipe of the Week: Chocolate Banana Oat Cookies

Here it is! My first recipe of the week post. I am planning on making this a weekly thing, or at least a bi-weekly thing. I have been craving cookies lately. Like my Mom's cowboy cookies, or my grandmothers sugar cookies to be exact. Even just thinking about those cookies is making my mouth water as we speak.

I have been looking for something easier and with just as much yumminess (is that even a word?). While looking I came across the recipe for these 2-Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies. I just wanted something a little more substantial and chocolaty. I played around with the recipe and I came up with something I liked. My 8 year old even liked them and hes pretty picky. The best part is that they only came out to 1 Smart Point for 2 cookies!!!!!! Yes, that was not a typo on my part and you did read it correctly. 

ONE SMART POINTS FOR TWO COOKIES!!!!

I hope you like these cookies as much as I did! Next time I may add some vanilla, because I think that will be good and add some depth of flavor. Let me know what you think. I enjoyed these very much. Also you might want to eat them quickly, well within a week or store them in the refrigerator. I was trying to be good and eat them slowly, but I left them in my kitchen cupboard for 2 weeks and forgot about them. When I remembered them and went to have some after 2 weeks they were moldy. I guess I will have to make more. Dang.





Chocolate Banana Oat Cookies

1 Smart Point per 2 cookie serving. Makes 11 servings.

Ingredients

3small
bananas (on the ripe side)

1cup(s)
uncooked quick oats

2Tbsp Mighty Nut Original powdered peanut butter

1tbsp
Hershey's Cocoa, 100% Cacao, Special Dark


Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mash bananas well in a bowl. I prefer to mash all the chunks, but you don't have to.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Stir dry ingredients into mashed bananas until incorporated.
5. Use tablespoon to drop dough onto greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly with a fork. Should make 22 cookies.
6. Bake for 9-12 minutes until slightly crisp.


No comments:

Post a Comment