Sunday, January 17, 2016

Recipe of the Week: Fruit & Cheesecake Dessert


This week's recipe is an indulgent bang for your buck. I LOVE cheesecake! I haven't had it is so long though because the 'good' cheesecake would use up my entire daily points allotment. Which would be okay if I could survive on on slice of cheesecake for an entire day. Guess it depends on how large that one piece of cheesecake was. Ha!

This recipe can also be changed to suit your mood. There are many different flavors of of sugar-free, fat-free pudding mixes. The possibilities are endless. I have used the chocolate, but found this cheesecake one and it was divine. I would also like to point out the amount of pudding in the cup I used. I had enough points left so I actually had a full cup of pudding which was 4 Smart Points. One serving is 1/2 a cup prepared pudding, which if you use a different type of milk the Smart Point value of the dessert may change. I would also like to point out that when using the coconut almond blend, it does not set up as much as with cows milk. However, this did not make a difference to me and the cheesecake pudding tasted like the real thing. And I loved the amount of fruit that was in it although you could use more if you wanted to. There is no suck thing as too much fruit, especially when they are 0 Smart Points!


It was so hard not to eat any of the fruit as I sliced it. Notice how the banana is missing the ends. I may or may not have eaten them. I was also popping blackberries like tic tacks. I think maybe nest time I will try blueberries and raspberries. Maybe grapes, mangoes, or some other exotic fruit. There will be plenty more times I am sure.




Fruit & Cheesecake Pudding Dessert

2 Smart Points for 1/2 cup pudding. Makes 4 servings.

Ingredients

  • 2cups
    Silk Almond Coconut Blend, Unsweetened
  • 2Tbsps
    fat free skim milk
     
  • 1packageJell-O Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling, Sugar Free/Fat Free, Cheesecake
  • Fruit of your choice, sliced.


  • Instructions

  • 1. Make pudding as instructed with silk almond coconut milk and 2 tbsp skim milk.
  • 2. Pour pudding evenly into 4 pretty dessert glasses.
  • 3. Let set in refrigerator for 30 mins to 1 hour. Slice desired fruit.
  • 4. Remove from refrigerator and place sliced fruit on-top.
  • 5. Stir in fruit and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment